Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Forgive You

I wonder if you even know what today means.

I wonder if it holds any significance to you at all....

.....because it does for me.

It was one year ago today, in these early hours of the morning that my life changed completely, and not of my own volition....but because of your decision.

I hear that you are still tearing yourself up about the whole thing...but last we talked you saw nothing wrong with what you did...even though the day after you were the one to admit what happened and that it was wrong.

Was it because I was your wife? Was it because it didn't matter? Was it because I was drunk? Was it because you didn't respect/love/trust me?

Whatever your answers, it doesn't matter. What you did was wrong, and until you can admit that--you will never be able to move on.

I still fight against the demons that were created that night. I still battle the emotions--the fear that was created deep in my heart and soul that night. I still know I did the right thing, because I can never let you touch me again.

I know what you did was wrong. You know what you did was wrong.

But I forgive you.

I will still battle, I will still be bound up in pain and fear sometimes.

But I choose hope and love over regret and fear.

I choose to forgive you, and move on with my own life.

I hope you choose the same.

No comments: