Sunday, November 29, 2009

This I miss...

I miss this feeling.
Of sitting beside the ocean.
Of having not a worry.
Not a care.
At least none that are worth thinking of.
I miss the feeling of the sand on my back,
And between my toes.
I miss the feeling of the salty air,
The warm ocean breeze.
I miss the taste of the air on my lips,
And the softness of the air
As it rests on my cheeks.
I miss the sun warming my skin,
Down to my bones,
And the sound of the waves
Crashing on the beach.

Most of all,
I miss the love I felt...
From the world,
The sand, the earth,
The water, the sun,
The stars, the moon...

I miss the feeling of being new,
Of being able to start over....
Of not having to look over my shoulder.
It was nice to forget,
To lose sight of my ghosts,
To not be haunted
And tortured by them daily.

Soon, I will miss the mountains.
And my family.
But I will not miss the ghosts.

No comments: