Monday, October 19, 2009

Matters of the Heart

Only matters of the heart
Stop me in my tracks.

I have never been here before,
I have never felt this lost.

But I have never felt so alive,
Never felt so free.

These matters, so confusing,
Taunt me, twist me.

These matters, so uplifting,
Caress me, cradle me.

These thoughts are not perfection
And it's nice to know you don't think so either.

I am not perfection,
And I hope you don't think so either.

But these matters of the heart,
Draw me closer to you.

They bind me to you,
Little by little...yard by yard.

They make me wish I could be beside you,
And you beside me.

That we could share a perfect harmony,
Despite our imperfections.

All these matters....
Pull me apart sometimes.

Because all that matters,
Is how much love remains.

No comments: