Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Mandolin Tune

I imagine your fingers on my skin
As though you were playing your mandolin.
The music would be,
A kiss from me,
And hopefully a little harmony.

I'd sigh as your fingers brushed my lips,
And laugh as they rushed across my hips.
As you run your fingers through my hair,
I'd kiss you without a single care--
As if the world were never there.

Your fingertips could coax out of me
A tune sung so sweetly,
A song only for you--
A secret between us two...
A joy known only by a few.

When you've played your tune,
Lock me up in your room.
Keep me tight in the case of your arms,
Safe from all the world's harms
And enamored with all of your charms.

We'll play one tune, maybe two--
Who knows when they will be through.
But we'll go on each day,
And continue to play,
So long as we are in tune.

No comments: