Saturday, October 31, 2009

Goodbyes

I am tired of Goodbyes.
Ever see that episode of M*A*S*H?
I am BJ Honeycut.
I don't want to say Goodbye...
Because I don't want us to have to part.

I have had too many of these partings lately.
Heartbreaking, heart wrenching moments.
I am not sure how many more of them I can stand.

Some have been Goodbye in this life,
Others just for now...
Still more that are not spoken,
But felt within the soul.

My heart remains heavy...
As I watch you leave.
I won't cry on the outside,
But please know my soul is soaked
With the salty tears of our Goodbye.

I will be there for you.
This is just Goodbye for now.
If you ever need a friend to walk beside you for a spell,
Or someone to help you stand,
I'll be here...
With an outstretched hand.

Thank you for what you have been to me here,
A huge support, a pillar;
A sense of joy,
Of positivity.
The best friend anyone could ask for.

Be safe.
Be fearless.
Be yourself.
Your friend I will always be.


1 comment:

Poosh said...

Spicey, you're the best. I miss you like crazy. We'll be in the same town again I just know it, and if not, we'll always be friends and be there for each other. I hope you're voice gets better and that you feel better. Thinking of you. xoxo