Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today was the first day...

Day 92. Today, supposedly, was the first day of being through with the divorce. Yesterday, the judge was supposed to sign all the papers to make it official. Over.

I didn't know what sort of feelings to expect. Between my friends at work and I, we had dubbed yesterday "Freedom Day," and so they brought in popsicles and a pot of flowers. I was so touched...when i walked in they all cheered me on...they are the greatest people in the world.

Today....had such a great feeling about it. I woke up early and went to yoga...and faced my first day.

I was confident...and I felt more at ease than I have in a long time. I am happier and more fulfilled than I have been in a long time.

It took a lot to get here...and it will take a lot more to get out of here...and into the rest of my life.

Today is the first day...of the rest of my new life--the life that is finally free, finally my own.

No comments: