Sunday, May 3, 2009

Emotion from the emotionless...

I should be tired.
I should be sleeping.
But my mind and my heart are racing...
What is this I am feeling?

It's like a sunrise in my soul,
Where at last there is a break
Through the dark of night.

But I wait...patient, hopeful.
I don't want to ruin what I have just found.
I don't want to tarnish something so wonderful,
To lose this would crush my heart and soul.

This sunrise is beautiful enough.
I would rather live with the sunrise,
Than try for a glorious day and sunset
And fail...leaving the sunrise back
in the depths of night.

How do I learn to try again?
How do I get back on that horse?
The pain is still so real from the last fall,
The hurt is still so tangible.

But somehow, it all disappears in a smile.
And I am left with a sunrise in my heart,
Where none used to be.
A brightness in my soul,
Where it has been dark for so long.
A hope. A prayer. A wonderful feeling.

No comments: