Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow....

I know it's mostly rain right now...but I am watching snowflakes fall right now too.

Sigh...I am so not ready for this...especially since I have to drive to Denver tonight.

I actually love the snow when I can sit indoors next to the fireplace and watch it fall...and melt away. But as soon as I have to venture out in it...I start to get cold. Not just cold...remember, I am a desert girl...so I will start to shiver, whole body shakes. And it won't stop until I am back home and balled up in an electric blanket.

I also hate other drivers in the snow. I learned to drive in the snow--my birthday is in February, and so when it was time to get all my hours towards getting my license, I was driving in the snow. I remember getting so angry with my Dad for having me drive my whole family to Loveland in a snow storm. But now, I totally understand.

I drive a car almost the same size as a Pepsi can. I don't have to park, I just fold it up and put it in my purse when I get where I am going. OK, not really...but close. (P.S>How cool would that be?) So my car is really lightweight. But it is front wheel drive...and I know how to handle the snow. So I get super-annoyed with people who drive too slow or too crazy for it all. I HATE driving in the snow. Unless it is the middle of the night and there is absolutely NO other car on the road...then driving in snow is kind of awesome.

Sigh...there are more snowflakes falling. So regardless of it they are sticking or not, I need to leave way early for work...to avoid as much traffic as possible.

Happy first snow, fellow Coloradans!

No comments: