Tuesday, November 16, 2010

School...

I have officially finished my application to go back to school!! Woohoo! I always knew I would go back sometime, and there's no time like the present, right?

After a good year or so of consideration, I have decided to go back to school for accounting.

I know, even I have had the thought of, "What the hell?"

But, when it comes down to it, here are the things I know about myself:

I have a tendency to be a workaholic.
I have a tendency to try to turn my hobbies into my job, and then I start to hate my hobbies because they are a job.
I want weekends off.
I want a job with benefits...real benefits--not just a coffee machine or free thread. Like real insurance benefits.
I want to be home in the evenings...I want to get to spend time with my kids and my Ryan.

My parents have tried to talk me into accounting for years...and so finally I listened. I figure, why not? I like numbers, I like math. And anything that I can work an 8-5 and get vacation time...sounds great.

So, hopefully in January I will start classes so I can get my CPA Certification by the end of 2011 or so. :-) I should only need 3 semesters at most, so I can be done one year from now. How nice would that be?

I still enjoy sewing...very much so. I still enjoy all the things I used to do for work...I just get to enjoy them more now since I don't have the added stress of timelines and deadlines.

I so still miss all the people I used to work with...and I am sure that won't be changing anytime soon...

So...here I go!! Once more into the breech!!

Learning is fun. :-)

No comments: