Sunday, May 1, 2011

Another Day in History...

Years from now, young ones (not mine, someone elses') will ask me where I was when I heard the news that Osama was dead.

I was lounging on the couch with my fiance writing a final paper for school. And by "writing a paper," I mean procrastinating on facebook. Someone's status update alerts me to the news, so I tune in to hear what was going on.

Just before 10PM, President Obama went live.

Ryan and I lounged together and listened, holding hands as we witnessed history.

Neither of us can believe it has been 10 years.

It seems crazy, all that has happened in the last 10 years...

We both recalled where we were on September 11, 2001.

And how erie it was when there were no planes in the skies for days...

Perhaps, this is the start of a whole new era. I told Ryan it all depends on if they cut off the head of the snake, or a head of the hydra.

Time will tell.

For today, good night and God bless.

We are one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Let us stay that way.

No comments: