Saturday, April 23, 2011

I Will Roar...

How do you lighten a heavy heart? Especially when that heart is heavy because it wants to help, but doesn't know how, or doesn't think that help will be accepted?

When you get hurt...really hurt, life gets more real. When bad things happen to good people, life gets more real. When you realize that the whole world is not sunshine and ponies, and that people you love will hurt you more than you could ever imagine; life gets more real.

I can't deny my heart, and I can't deny how I feel.

Ever since my divorce, I have wanted to help other women who are or have been in my situation...even those who aren't aware of how bad things have gotten.

If I had paid attention...if someone close to me had gotten through to me...I could have avoided so much pain.

The pain that I went through...still haunts me sometimes. I can still feel it, locked beneath my bones....cracking them at times....taunting my mind with moments I when could have spared myself...it's a black hole, a tar pit that I fear will never leave my soul...

I don't want anyone to go through what I went through. It is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. So if I think that I could help someone avoid the tar pit, I will. Trying not to would be like not slamming on the brakes if I saw a dog crossing the road in front of me...

I have a voice.

It will not be silenced.

Not by hatred.

Not by indifference.

Not by fear.

Not by love.

Not by regret.

Not by anyone.

I HAVE A VOICE.

IT WILL NOT BE SILENCED.

NOT BY HATRED.

NOT BY INDIFFERENCE.

NOT BY FEAR.

NOT BY LOVE.

NOT BY REGRET.

NOT BY ANYONE.



I am Lisa. Hear me roar.

I AM LISA...AND I WILL ROAR.


I will not stand idly by.

I will not stand idly by.

I will not stand idly by.

I WILL NOT STAND IDLY BY.



I have a voice. I did not choose to have these bad things happen to me...and I should have paid attention to the warning signs. Nonetheless, it is not my fault that someone I loved choose to hurt me...

But it still shades everything I see.

It still is a black hole tar pit in my soul...

It still rips apart my heart.

And I will be damned if I let anyone I love go through it without a fight.

No comments: